In this role, you will:
· Apply your technical expertise, in a collaborative fashion, to plan, design, develop, validate, and verify cybersecurity solutions across the system lifecycle.
· Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
· Develop, evaluate, and analyze design constraints, trade-offs and detailed system and security design as they pertain to the cyber domain.
· Coordinate with other cybersecurity engineers, system architects, and developers to provide oversight in the development of robust solutions.
· Conduct cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
· Employ cybersecurity processes, methods, techniques, and tools and assure their consistent application.
· Implement appropriate assessment and authorization activities, as required by customers.
Must be able to travel 20% domestically and 50% telecommute.
Qualified candidate must be able to obtain an Interim DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to starting this position. This requires US Citizenship.
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering), or equivalent experience, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related master's degree.
• 5+ years of technical systems engineering experience with DOD systems.
• Have an understanding of Networks, Firewalls and Windows device configurations.
Experience with vulnerability scanning tools such as:
(ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, SCC, eMass, STIGviewer).
• Experience in decomposing Cyber requirements and applying STIGs- down to the CCI level.
• Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
• Ability to create automated processes through scripting using Python, Powershell, Java, etc.
• Experience with virtualization platforms such as ( VMware, Horizon, vSphere, vCenter, vSAN, Hyper-V, etc.)
• DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level II (IE CompTIA Security+, GSEC SSCP, CCNA-Security) or ability to achieve certification within 6 months.
• Knowledge of NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253.
• Experience with Linux Operating Systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 8)
• Ability to provide status and communicate effectively with internal and external customers (e.g., Program Management).
• Demonstrated sustained technical or project leadership.
• Ability to apply an adversarial mindset in developing and evaluating cybersecurity countermeasures.
To apply: https://theucf.info/o7BLyI